Even the if you are the most delude and passionate Arsenal fan, you know that it is highly unlikely. Even Arsene Wenger stated that there is only a 1-2% chance to happen. However, there are probably several Gunners fans who think that they still can come back from 5-1 to knock out Munich. Well, no, that cannot happen.
If we consider the object nature of their 5-1 defeat during the first leg, the probability of Arsenal to overturn the deficit at the Emirates and to progress to the quarter-finals of the Champions League is so small that it is virtually non-existent.
Well, at least the bookies are here to do the best job and illustrate the Gunner’s hopeless situation. Before the first leg in Germany, the Frenchman’s side was 2/1 to knock out Munich and qualify for the last eight. Currently, after they got destroyed in Bavaria, they are 25/1 to qualify. There is no need to mention that that is just a colossal change.
However, there is more. The odds for a 4-0 win for Arsenal are 100/1. Just a reminder that this is the result that the Gunners need. Well, it gets even worse. These things are more likely to happen than Gunners to win:
- Alien life to be discovered until the end of the year: 10/1
- England to win the next World Cup: 16/1
- Piers Morgan to close his Twitter account: 10/1
- Tottenham to win the league: 16/1
- Donald Trump to open a hotel in Mexico: 8/1
- James Bond to be a woman: 22/1
- Snowing in the UK in June, July or August: 14/1